Friday, March 1, 2024

Cattle to Coding...

 It has been a very long time since I've posted here (not that it makes any difference to anyone), but I thought .. 'why not?'. 


Some of my passion for cattle and the grass, and the land has taken a detour for a while. It's still there don't get me wrong, God's creation, and our stewardship of it has not lost it's grasp on me. I still love being in the field, watching the cattle, and helping my youngest son with the fence at times. 

My latest passion is more day job related, and has involved learning and using PowerShell to automate little tasks. I started writing a few simple PowerShell scripts that helped me in my job. That was back in late 2021. I am continuing to write PowerShell scripts and modules for the team. And now starting a new journey at my work, and starting to get back into Linux Administration that I was doing about eleven years ago at a different job. In a way it feels like I'm picking up where I left off. 




I've been learning about RedHat's Ansible Automation. It's a challenge to say the least, but one I am trying to tackle. I'm hoping we might leverage that in my new role. I say that because I know that (at least in my experience a decade ago) Red Hat support is really top notch, and just amazing really. Looking forward to learning on my own, and someday back in league with RedHat support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment